If you wish to present a paper or poster at the Conference, please submit an abstract to the Conference organisers by Sunday 15 January 2017, taking note of the following guidelines:
- Please refer to the Conference Themes before preparing your abstract.
- All papers and posters should have a primary focus on islands as unique entities.
- Papers and posters should be relevant to the overall theme of the Conference. The key questions to be addressed at the Conference are:
Can small islands provide useful models for global survival? If so, how?
- Papers and posters should focus on one of the five Conference sub-themes. However, presentations that explore the concepts of “islands” and “islands” also will be considered.
- Abstracts of accepted papers and posters will be published beforehand on the Conference website.
- All presenters will be allocated 15 minutes for their Conference presentation, plus five minutes for questions and discussion.
- After the Conference, written papers may be submitted to ISISA to be considered for publication in its journal or newsletter.
- There will be a centrally located display of posters throughout the Conference.
- Time will be set aside during the Conference for interaction between poster presenters and Conference participants.
- All poster presenters will be invited to give a 3-minute ‘slam’ talk at a plenary session (a ‘slam’ talk is defined as a short, dynamic, engaging presentation).
- Posters should be no larger than A0 standard paper size (841mm X 1189mm).
- In keeping with our goal of academic excellence, all paper and poster presentations will be refereed.
- Intending participants are invited to submit a 200 word abstract using the attached form.
- Deadline for submission of paper and poster abstracts: Sunday 15 January 2017.
Please direct any questions to: email@example.com