The International Small Islands Studies Association (ISISA) and the organizers of the 15th Islands of the World Conference to be held on Kangaroo Island, South Australia, are pleased to announce a scholarship competition to assist students (postgraduates and undergraduates) to meet part of the expenses of attending this conference.
A maximum of seven awards equivalent to €500 each will be made to suitable student candidates, who will be presented with their awards at the Conference. Six of the awards are funded by ISISA, the other by Dr Victor David in memory of his parents, Adicéanada and Soucémarie David.
Applications, by email only, should be sent to the ISISA Executive Committee member, Professor Steve Royle, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2017, and must include the following:
- name and current institutional affiliation of the student applicant;
- postal address;
- email address;
- name of degree for which the student applicant is registered and year of registration;
- title of paper to be presented at the Conference;
- abstract of paper as submitted to, and accepted by, the Conference; and
- statement of up to 150 words on why it is important for the student applicant to attend this conference.
To qualify for consideration, students MUST have their abstracts accepted by the Islands of the World XV Conference; any application from a student whose abstract is not officially accepted will not be considered for an award.
The applications will be considered by a panel of ISISA office holders, whose decision will be final. Selection will be based on merit of abstract, as well as by an interest in ensuring regional diversity of participants.
(Note: Scholarships are not in lieu of conference registration fees. Student conference fees are discounted to encourage student participation)